Wednesday, March 30, 2011

You Make Me Smile

"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."  ~ Dr. Seuss
First of all, I'd like to thank all my friends, who have supported my "Pursuit of Happyness Harveyness." I am so thankful that I have met the most wonderful human beings on this planet. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! And also, if you ever need anything, just know that I am always here for you. A big shout out to pineapple --thank you for your comment, I really needed that eye-opener. You are one wise guy. I really appreciate and it helped me alot. And I'd like you all to know that I've done it --I asked him to dinner (with the help of my friends), wasn't expecting it to happen that day, but it did happen. What did he say? He said, yes, and to be honest with you, that's all that really mattered. I am one happy girl right now! Thank you all, you made this happen, I could not have done it without you guys, I know you are probably tired of me asking about countless observations and spending coffee dates dedicated to talking about Harvey..I'm sorry I put you through that. But I'm here now, I'm in the place where I want to be.

For the past few years of my life, I have experienced everything, but love. My family life was the best, and in a moment, everything fell through. That's when I stopped believing in love. The people that I had thought loved me, betrayed me and my family. I know it's long past, but you can never let those things go, even if all is forgiven. It ruined my childhood, but I'm better than I could ever be. I'm wiser, smarter and stronger. Sometimes, you give love to the wrong people, who don't deserve it. And you make a fool of yourself. But then I saw hope, I saw it in my family--just me, my parents and my siblings. I realized you didn't need to have anything big in life, it's what's in front of you. And that moment, brought me to believe in love once again. I've learned that love is like believing in God. You don't have to be religious to believe in love. Love is not a religion. It's something that could bring us together or even make our lives a living hell. It's there, waiting for the right moment to pounce. Love knows no boundaries. And like a child believing in Santa Claus, I live believing and hoping in love. I know it's everywhere. You don't have to see it to believe it, you feel it.

That's why I've become a hopeless romantic. I didn't see it before. I was looking for a guy 24/7. I thought I needed a guy to contribute to my happiness. But in reality, I wanted to hear an "I love you." To do coupley things--just like everyone else. But who needs an "I love you" that doesn't mean anything? I was looking at the big picture, I had to snap out of it. So I took the NO GUY OATH and stopped looking for a guy. AND BOOM! Look where it's got me, life's led me to Harvey. Ladies (and gents), just stop looking, the person who will make you smile, is right in front of you.


Lots of Love,

V

No comments:

Post a Comment