Monday, March 7, 2011

If you’re wondering if I want you to, I want you to.


So my bowling event...what happened? I want to be honest with you all. Nothing happened. At least, I thought so at first. Then I realized how much I failed. So Harvey, the shy guy that he is subtly hinted to go out before he left. My friends and I were telling him to come with us to this Vietnamese restaurant, but the perfect guy that he was, he had to go see his family. Though, he was a little upset and was about to change his mind. But then he actually had to leave. So, he and I were all alone. And he was like, “I’ve never tried Vietnamese food. Does it taste good?” And this is where I ultimately fail. Now ladies, I know, I’m the one telling Y’ALL about relationships. But I wasn’t thinking. I was in so much shock and awe that he actually came to bowling. So, what do you say was my response? Let me just put in block quotes so you don’t make the same mistake that I did, next time a guy asks you that question,
Yeah, it’s good. YOU SHOULD TRY IT.”
What the fuck, V? In my head, I was like, fuck you blew it. My sister was saying that’s just like someone saying hello to you and you saying goodbye to them, right after. But I still have a chance to make up for it. He’s someone that I don’t ever want to let go. There’s just something about this guy that makes me want him more. And ladies, I’m not kidding. I’m biting my lips and smiling, as we speak. I could have never imagined finding someone like this, after all the assholes that I’ve encountered in the past. I think that when I stopped looking for someone, Fate just totally brought him to me. It’s like a breath of fresh air. I’ve never felt so alive and happy. I want all of you to take something from this. And I know I sound pathetic there and that I’m a total hypocrite with getting angry at people saying mushy things about someone, but when you actually encounter this kind of person, you’ll change your mind.

We shouldn’t be expecting that every guy we see is someone that we want to date. We need to stop looking and stop waiting. We just need to focus on ourselves, first. All those assholes in your lives don’t deserve a wonderful person like you. If you think that he’s going to treat you with respect, after he’s treated you like shit, you’re on your own. Guys like that, are horrible people and they won’t change for you, just because you give them an ultimatum. It’s not YOU. It’s H-I-M. Don’t hurt yourself trying to ask questions on why he would leave you hanging like that. It’s not your fault. It’s his. He’s the one that’s not taking chances here. You’re willing to give your heart to him and you’ll do anything for him, just to hear an “I love you.” But he won’t do the same, for you. It’s a one-sided thing and it’s not right. If you’re stuck in a rut, do what my amazing friend did and just let him go. She did. It hurt, but she did and I’m so proud of her. Instead of expecting assholes, I ask you, just don’t think about it. Keep an open mind. The right guy will come to you, when you least expect it. My mom said once,
“Love’s like death, you never know when it’s going to hit you, but it eventually will.”

Let’s just hope you don’t hit both at the same time!!

Lots of Love,

V


No comments:

Post a Comment