Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Want To Hold Your Hand

Look, other bands, they want to make it about sex or pain, but you know, The Beatles, they had it all figured out, okay? "I Want to Hold Your Hand." The first single. It's effing brilliant, right?... That's what everybody wants, Nicky. They don't want a twenty-four-hour hump sesh, they don't want to be married to you for a hundred years. They just want to hold your hand. ~ Thom from Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist (LOVEE)
 


That's exactly what I want to do whenever I look at him. And that's all that plays in my head, "I Want to Hold Your Hand". I just want to grab his hand and show him off to the world that he's mine. I don't care about anything else, that's it. Anyways, let's get on with the mushy part and tell you the BIG NEWS. 
  
I ASKED HARVEY OUT. In other words, I FINALLY GREW BALLS. Yeah, I know, I can't believe it either. This Friday, I have a charity bowling event. My sister brought about this idea to ask him to join my team, and you know what, I decided that this is probably the only chance that I've got. So I went up to him and straight-out asked him. No Big Deal, right? I was definitely dying inside, but it sounded pretty chill. You don't know happy I am that he said YES. And he seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. Let's hope this works out ladies, but you know what I'm afraid of?

I find that strong-headed women (no offence to me or you) are susceptible to heart-break. Why, you say? Well, think about it this way, WE ASK THEM OUT. WE INITIATE. All HE'S got to do is give us an ANSWER. WE'VE GOT TO DO THE HARD WORK. I just think that maybe we're leading ourselves into our own demise. I know Harvey's a shy guy...like REALLY SHY (he's still not off the hook), but how about other guys? Do they just play around with our heads, because they know that we're crazy about them? So they say all these things to get us worked up and then once we're caught in their trap: KAPUT...he's got himself a new girlfriend. He's disappeared into some other universe, where he doesn't know who the fuck we are. He doesn't answer our text messages/calls/emails. Then we freak out. Maybe something's wrong. Maybe he got into a car accident and he's not able to text. Or MAYBE he's just not that into you?

That's what I'm really afraid of. I don't want to get hurt. Nobody does. But you've got to experience pain to find the truth. It's not always going to be this fantasy we've conjured up in our brains. We're not living in a chick flick ladies. We are capable of making our own love stories and we shouldn't be relying on some unrealistic movies to show us this is the way to do it. Not every guy is Joseph Gordon-Levitt a hopeless romantic. We need to get away from this mindset and just be ourselves and not that chick in that movie. I don't know, ladies. I'm scared, but this is probably my only chance to chill with him and to see what will happen after that! Let's just hope that one day my post will say, "I FOUND HIM."

Lots of Love,
V

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!! I knew you could do it, you're so awesome how could he possibly say no?
    Strut your stuff, make his heart throb and fill his head with only images and funny things you said! Rock his socks off this Friday ;)
    Love ya <3
    C

    ReplyDelete