Friday, January 28, 2011

Gamble Everything For Love.

Everything you want is out there waiting for you to ask. Everything you want also wants you. But you have to take action to get it.
~Jules Renard

Have you ever felt like you and the guy that you are totally smitten with, are living in the utmost parallel universe? You definitely like him (HEAD-OVER-THE-HEELS). And he definitely likes you. BUT (there’s always a “but”), none of you are taking any action? It’s kind of like one day, you’re going to grow some balls and finally ask him out, but then something happens...You don’t see him that day (or you did but the balls that you supposedly grew disappeared). And it could totally be like that on his part (without the balls’ disappearing, that would be of concern), so how the hell would you fix this?




Ok, so this is my dilemma, I really like this guy. For our sake, let’s call him Harvey. When I first saw Harvey, I was like, “Wow.” And no, it’s not like he’s a heartthrob (he’s cute), but I just got that feeling that this guy is someone that I’d like to pursue. I met him last October, on the same day that I first saw him (I know, I should’ve written a blog entry at that time) and as a few months pass, I started to get to know him. My verdict: he’s sweet, funny, non-judgemental, and most of Harvey's just HARVEY. BUT the problem was, how would I subtly ask him to go out with me? He’s shy. I’m shy. See, the parallel universe, here? Yeah. That’s why I made it my New Years’ Resolution to take chances and make mistakes. And I have not yet taken it to word. Why? It’s probably, because, I’m afraid that I was wrong about him liking me and that he’d reject me...or it turns out that he has a girlfriend already. Really, though, I’m not going to ask him, “Hi Harvey, please just date me now.” No, I was just planning to ask him out for a coffee date. I want to take things slow, but not too slow, to the point where I land myself in the friend zone. To be honest, there’s nothing to lose. “Do you want to go out for coffee?” is a yes or no answer. So what am I waiting for? To be honest, I really don't know, but what I really do know is that I really like him. Why? I've met some of the biggest jerks on this unpredicatble planet and when I encountered Harvey..it was like so there are such things as nice guys!


Anyways, my advice for you ladies out there, who are stuck like I am: JUST DO IT (in Nike's words). We shouldn’t be scared. You know the problem with guys from the 21st century? They’re scared of us too. You don’t meet guys who are up front anymore. You don’t meet guys who write love poems or letters to woo you anymore. No, it’s all about, “I want to sleep with you”. Well, so far, in this somewhat short lifespan of mine. But from what I see: WE have to take action, because THEY’RE afraid of telling us their true feelings. Apparently, we have switched each other's roles. LIKE WTF. Man...I just want to tell him.

LOL,

V

P.s. I made a truce with my friend (and my sister) that if I ask him out, they'll tell the guys that they like how they really feel...UPDATE: my friend grew balls. NOW, it's my turn. FUCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment