Friday, August 5, 2011

The Person Falling Here Is Me

Standards. We all have them. Both sides have different standards. And this is what I was talking about with Harvey yesterday. You are probably saying, this bitch hasn't even been on her blog for a long time and hasn't even given us anything since I don't know, June? And now she's telling us about standards? First off, I would like to apologize. Life has just happened, people. I'm not the best blogger in the world, I know! Lately, I've been working on finding myself. Sounds trivial, right? But I've just been living life without thinking of what to say, what kind of person I have to be. Because you know what I realized? If we all live in this magical world of pretending, we're never going to find that person that we want to end up with for the rest of our lives. We will find ourselves the person that the pretend you wanted, not the real you. And what's the point? You won't find happiness there. You will at first, but life-long happiness is very rare. It really is.

And here I am. Living life as me. Not someone from a chick-flick or some Jane Austen novel. I'm happy and Harvey is still here in my life. And yes, we were talking about standards. And no, we're still not together (I know, right). But you know what? I'm happy where I am, even though, I want this guy so bad, I'm afraid of losing this relationship that we have now if I tell him my true feelings for him. So what were these standards? Well to be honest, Harvey didn't talk about his standards, he just listened to mine. I was just saying that my standards are not high, but not low, mind you. I explained that chick flicks fuck up a girl's mind...even chick lit...I mean, who doesn't want Mr. Darcy? Because I do. But realistically, I know, we won't find Mr. Darcy, but we'll find someone close to it. Did you know what I really needed to say to him? My standard is you. You're perfect, in my way. You're my version of a Mr. Darcy or a Rochester. Actually, you're better than any of those guys there. But of course, the sad and proud person I am, I didn't say it. I really wanted to. It was killing me inside. So now I'm here blogging about it, but I honestly do miss this. Please my dear readers, keep reading. I'm not giving up on blogging, nor am I giving up on being a hopeless romantic and never on Harvey...please bare with me! I will write soon, promise. 

LOL, 

V




No comments:

Post a Comment